Commissioning and support
Commissioning1. Unpack the device
- Make sure the packaging is undamaged.
- Make sure that the device in the package appears undamaged.
- Refer to the operating instructions (in English) that came with the device.
2. Plug the power cord into an electrical outlet and the other end into the device.
3. Fill the water tank of the Ratio coffee machine, insert the filter funnel and the thermos jug and start the extraction. The first brew cycle is recommended to do with water only.
4. Add some beans to the Fellow bean grinder and grind them.
Problems with Your machineThe most common questions and answers related to problem situations.
Why does the device not turn on?
- Check that the power cord is plugged into both the electrical outlet and the device.
- Check that you have added water to the water tank of the Ratio coffee machine.
- If the power cord is plugged in but the machine still does not turn on, try another outlet.
- Make sure you have added water to the water tank of the Ratio coffee machine and filter paper and coffee powder to the filter funnel.
- Make sure you have a thermos or a carafe from Ratio with a magnet in the bottom placed in the brewer. Without this, the brewing will not start.
- The feature of the appliance is to grind the amount of beans you add to the bean hopper. Weigh the desired amount of coffee beans first and then pour the beans into the bean hopper.
- Make sure you have added coffee beans to the Fellow bean grinder.
- Check that you have placed the silicone collar on the filter funnel. This prevents heat from escaping.
- The coffee machine does not have a hotplate, as reheating the coffee is detrimental to the quality of the coffee. In a thermos, the coffee stays hot long enough, but certainly not for several hours.
Ratio coffee machine maintenance
Use RATIO COFFEE NORDIC liquid cleaner regularly (at least 1 ot 2 times a month). Follow the dosing and use instructions on the package. NOTE! The use of other cleaning agents may damage the device and the warranty may not cover the repair of defects caused by the use of other cleaning agents.
Rinse the thermos jug and the filter funnel after each use.
Wash the thermos jug by hand, using dishwashing liquid a few times a month. This way, no coffee grease remains in the jug, which can affect the taste of the coffee.
You can clean stains and splashes from the appliance with a damp (not wet) cloth. NOTE! First, unplug the power cord.
Fellow Ode coffee grinder maintenance
Always add only the amount you want to grind to the bean hopper. The rule of thumb is 64g of coffee per one liter of water.
Clean the appliance of coffee grounds with the small brush supplied.
You can clean stains and splashes from the appliance with a damp (not wet) cloth. NOTE! First, unplug the power cord. The bean mill or its bean hopper must not come into contact with water.
Returning the device or sending the device for service
In the event of a fault, always contact our customer service first: firstname.lastname@example.org
Always take a few pictures of the device before packing and sending it. Also take pictures of the package and send the pictures to us. Thus, we have proof that the device has been intact on the surface before it was shipped in case something happens during transport.
If you wish to return the device you purchased, it must be returned to us in its original condition and in its original packaging.
Equipment delivered for service can be packed according to your own assessment. The customer is responsible for the delivery costs of the device and for ensuring that the device is packaged in such a way that is not damaged during transport, for example when it is allowed to move inside the package. Damage caused by external shocks as well as damage to packaging or loss of the device during transport shall be reported directly to the transport company chosen by the sender of the device.